Updated 18-Sep: Welcome to the Schriefer Blog, my name is Tavis Schriefer. Recently, my wife Jill and I raised money to supply driFIRE shirts to every soldier in Apache Company of the 1-501st Parachute Infantry Regiment. We were successful in raising over $6500 and we would like to thank everyone for all their support to make this happen.
Please read our entire message here...

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Nick survives Ice Storm

Nick called a few days ago. He survived FTX (field training exercise) during the worst ice storm this winter. He said he froze his ass off! He lived outside for about a week during the storm. When they got back there was a major inspection of the quarters looking for all contraband. He said that some of the guys were caught with booze (dumb-shits). He is now finished with all the training and gets to spend down time cleaning stuff until they graduate this Friday. I also received a letter from him which indicates he will be looking for wine and women following graduation. Jill and I are driving over there on Thursday to see him, so it should be a couple days of fun sandwiched between two days of grueling 12 hour drives. I will send the letter in an email. If you don't get it, let me know.

No comments: