Updated 18-Sep: Welcome to the Schriefer Blog, my name is Tavis Schriefer. Recently, my wife Jill and I raised money to supply driFIRE shirts to every soldier in Apache Company of the 1-501st Parachute Infantry Regiment. We were successful in raising over $6500 and we would like to thank everyone for all their support to make this happen.
Please read our entire message here...

Friday, November 03, 2006

Here's a Pic of Nick


In the past few days, Nick has IM'd and spoken with Staci, and IM'd with me. He is using the rental computers at their communications room and apparently they have many problems. Nick is doing fine and he has sent us a picture. He says that the FOB he's at "is a shit, hole trash grows on trees and from the grass in this place". I'm thinking this is mold or something, because from what I've read, there are all kinds of hazardous waste and sewage around. I asked him if there was a lot of activity there and he said "yea this place is pretty happenin".

I read an article this week from a Texas newspaper who interviewed a soldier just returning from FOB Iskan. In the article, the soldier said, "We had heavy fighting pretty much every day." He said that in his duties, "they run combat operations, man missiles and conduct raids on suspected terrorist sites." I don't know exactly what Nick is doing though, and While this article doesn't say that the soldier was based at FOB Iskan, it does say he was based in Iskandariyah which I think is the same location. The story is available at http://thefacts.com/story.lasso?ewcd=f4f2b6ba9b36c32c

No comments: